Monday, May 18, 2009

which one have you become?

In The Outsiders by S E Hinton, there are two different social rival classes. The groups are the Socs (pronounced Soshes) and The Greasers. Socs are the upperclassmen otherwise known as the valley people nowadays and the greasers were the combination of gangsters and punks. Personally, in the book The Outsiders, I would refer to myself more as a Socs rather than a greaser. The reason why is because I’m not punk/hood at all, nor do I smoke, steal, hang in a gang, and wear baggy nonsense with tight shirts and jean jackets. I’m not a full on valley person to the fact that I’m ‘filipasian from LA’, but I do enjoy shopping, Hello Kitty, and achieving my highest. My life is pretty boring because I currently have an easygoing life, not a reckless unknown whirlwind day filled with watching you and your groups back from being jumped etc. What is your turn on life being a Socs or a Greaser? Are you more into the rebel side of life, or the nice, boring, ‘not knowing what to do with all you’ve got’ slate of everything in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment